Stefan Molyneux is someone that I enjoy listening to for his perspectives on various topics. This was an interesting conversation between Stefan and Dr. Duke Pesta where they are discussing the 10 Commandments and I thought that there were some really interesting points made that Latter-day Saints might find useful.
One of my favorite lines from the video: “When you get rid of the big rules we end up with the tyranny of little rules.”0 Comments
There’s a beautiful version of the 10 commandments in Doctrine & Covenants section 59. I like to study this version from time to time whenever I feel like I need to get back to simplicity.
- Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him.
- Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
- Thou shalt not steal; neither commit adultery, nor kill, nor do anything like unto it.
- Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things.
- Thou shalt offer a sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in righteousness, even that of a broken heart and a contrite spirit.
- And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt:
- Go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments and thy oblations unto the Most High.
- Rest from your labors.
- Pay thy devotions unto the Most High.
- confess thy sins unto thy brethren, and before the Lord.
- do none other thing, only let thy food be prepared with singleness of heart that thy fasting may be perfect, or, in other words, that thy joy may be full.