This story is from September 2015
As I went to announce to my kids that it was bedtime I noticed that two out of the three were fast asleep on the couch.
I was tired too and decided to just leave them where they lay for the night. I told the last one awake to head to bed, but she protested and asked that I move the others to the room with her because she did not want to sleep alone.
I told her she’s always wanted her own room anyway, so tonight she gets her wish!
She replied, “Well, I changed my mind!”
A light went on in my mind as I realized that she must still be afraid due to those ghost stories the kids down the street had told her earlier in the evening.
I noted a similarity between fear and faith; they are both based on ideas.
Ideas alone are nothing, but they lose or gain power depending on the degree of belief we choose to invest in them.0 Comments
– Joseph Campbell0 Comments
The following are selected excerpts from my personal “small plates“. I am an advocate of recording personal revelatory insights and desire to share my experiences to encourage others.
- Fear lulls us into a false comfort. Real and rewarding comfort comes after we have been in a condition where we actually need to be comforted.
- If people are not occasionally offended by you, then you are withholding truth that may end up damning you instead of them.
- Trust in the ability of the Spirit to speak through your inadequate words.
- Forgiveness is more than just releasing someone from blame, it is then deeply loving them and having compassion on them. Forgiveness without love is not forgiveness.
- The amount of personal liberty we enjoy is directly equivalent to the laws we know and the obedience we demonstrate toward them.Read Full Post