Notes From the Climb: April 2013
May 5, 2013•
1 min read
- “The Savior wants us to understand his willingness to forgive” – Craig A. Cardon
- “Procreative power & priesthood power are shared by husband & wife” – M. Russell Ballard
- “I am a witness of the Resurrection of the Lord as surely as if I had been there in the evening with the two disciples in the house on Emmaus road. I know that He lives as surely as did Joseph Smith when he saw the Father and the Son in the light of a brilliant morning in a grove of trees in Palmyra.” – Henry B. Eyring
- “As home teachers, we are healers. As priesthood leaders, we are healers. As fathers, sons, brothers, and husbands, we should be committed and dedicated healers. We carry in one hand a vial of consecrated oil for blessing the sick; in the other we carry a loaf of bread to feed the hungry; and in our hearts we carry the peaceable word of God, “which healeth the wounded soul.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- “accept that darkness exists—but not to dwell there” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- “humility is the essence of repentance” – L. Whitney Clayton
- “he hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh” – 2 Ne 4:21
- “why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh?” – 2 Ne. 4:27
- The priesthood enables intelligence to influence all things according to the will of God.
- True sacrifice never involves the loss of what is essential.
- Finding yourself in darkness is inevitable, it is also necessary.