This is kind of a first for oneClimbs.com, I’ve never posted a particular location where I will be appearing at before. However, since I’m pretty much already doing that on facebook, I might as well extend an invitation to anyone who happens to be in the area to stop by the JRNL.com booth at Rootstech and say hi!
I’ve mentioned JRNL before here on my blog recently, it’s one of the projects I work on professionally. I’m very passionate about journaling so it is an absolute pleasure to work on something like this with a great team of people. We’re going to be releasing some really cool new features sometime in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!
We just released a short promo video that introduces the product, check it out:
Here’s a screenshot of my personal journal. The calendar on the right shows each day with a blue line under it for every day that contains a journal entry, so yeah, I journal a lot.
Here’s another exclusive screenshot that hints atRead Full PostGo to Comments
- Who will wait on the Lord? Can we endure on remembrance alone?
- A wrong choice reminds us of our human nature; what follows that choice reveals our divine nature.
- The obedient and the repentant are equal in the eyes of God.
- The simplest questions can bring about the greatest revelations.
- We are here on earth to see what we will cleave unto.
- Since faith is the first principle of salvation, fear is and will always be the greatest obstacle to salvation at every single level of progression.
- Where there is fear, there is no salvation.Read Full Post
The following are selected excerpts from my personal “small plates“. I am an advocate of recording personal revelatory insights and desire to share my experiences to encourage others.
- Fear lulls us into a false comfort. Real and rewarding comfort comes after we have been in a condition where we actually need to be comforted.
- If people are not occasionally offended by you, then you are withholding truth that may end up damning you instead of them.
- Trust in the ability of the Spirit to speak through your inadequate words.
- Forgiveness is more than just releasing someone from blame, it is then deeply loving them and having compassion on them. Forgiveness without love is not forgiveness.
- The amount of personal liberty we enjoy is directly equivalent to the laws we know and the obedience we demonstrate toward them.Read Full Post
Here’s the simple pattern for study that leads to change:
- Determine content & context
- Discover doctrines & principles
- Ponder to reveal personal applications
- Record what you receive
- Change your behavior
Yep, that’s it! You probably want a little background and explanation though, huh? I mentioned this process in an article back in August but didn’t elaborate on it.
The original pattern was given to me by my good friend and former institute instructor, Mike King, who I often refer to in other articles as “Brother King”. After studying and pondering this process, Read Full PostGo to Comments
A few years back I wrote an article about how to keep your own “small plates” and why it is important. I even started posting excerpts of my own “small plates” that I deemed appropriate for the public to offer suggestions and ideas on possible applications of the principle.
The Basic Rules for Small Plates From Jacob 1:1-4
“For behold, it came to pass that fifty and five years had passed away from the time that Lehi left Jerusalem; wherefore, Nephi gave me, Jacob, a commandment concerning the small plates, upon which these things are engraven.” (1:1)
- Write only what is considered to be most precious, keep personal histories elsewhere
- Find ways to preserve the records from generation to generation
- Record the following and touch upon the following things “as much as it were possible, for Christ’s sake, and for the sake of our people” (1:4)
- Preaching that is sacred
- Revelation that is great
1. What is Most Precious and What is History
Typically, I keep my personal history journal in another place like Evernote (I’ll come back to this later) while that which I deem “most precious” for my “small plates” constitutes preaching, revelation or prophecy that comes through the Holy Spirit.
This one has been pretty tricky for me to deal with over time. Read Full PostGo to Comments